If you have a batch of my gluten-free Thin & Crispy Chocolate Wafer Cookies, you’re just a hop, step and a jump away from no-bake brownies.
It’s like that.
Not that I’m asking you to shed a tear for me, but summertime can be rough on a gluten-free food blogger like me who shies away from recipes for naturally gluten-free foods. And, not for nothing, but I have already tried my hand at plen-ty of no-bake recipe attempts this summer that have gone totally bust.
Much as it pains me, there are even experiments gone awry that have wound up in the trash! I simply could not salvage them.
So far, though, I’ve had the most success starting a recipe with crispity crunchity gluten-free cookies.
Like these chocolate cookie crumbs. They may be small, but they’re mighty.
And perhaps best of all, these no-bake brownies?
They travel really well. Pack them up to bring to your friend’s BBQ, or for a picnic at the beach. They won’t mind. Neither will you, when you see how easy they are to put together:
|No Bake Gluten-Free Brownies|
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups (420g) finely ground [url href=”https://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/thin-crispy-chocolate-wafer-cookies/”]Gluten-free Thin & Crispy Chocolate Wafer Cookie[/url] crumbs
- 1 cup (120g) raw pecans, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Line a quarter sheet pan sized (9-inches x 13-inches) rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper, with parchment paper overhanging the sides of the baking sheet. Set the prepared sheet pan aside.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a small, microwave-safe bowl and microwave it for 45 seconds at 70% power. Remove from the microwave, and stir well. Microwave the chocolate for another 45 seconds at 70% power. Stir well until all of the chocolate is melted. If necessary, microwave again at 70% power for about 25 seconds. Set the melted chocolate aside to cool briefly.
- In a large bowl, place the finely ground cookie crumbs, chopped pecans and salt, and mix to combine. Pour the sweetened condensed milk and melted chocolate into the large bowl of crumbs, and mix to combine. The mixture will be very thick, more like dough.
- Turn the dough out onto the prepared baking sheet and, with very wet hands, press it into an even layer. It may require a bit of muscle.
- Place in the refrigerator until set (about 40 minutes). Remove from the pan and slice into 15 squares.
Like the recipe? How about the photos? Share ’em! It soothes my fragile ego.
P.S. Thank you so much for buying My Cookbook! You even bought a copy for a friend. I wish I could be your friend. You’re a good egg. Thank you.