Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles
- 1 ½ pounds fresh strawberries washed, hulled and sliced
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar (± 2 tablespoons (25 g))
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup (4 fluid ounces) lukewarm water
- 1 ½ cups (12 fluid ounces) plain yogurt by volume
- Honey to taste
Make the strawberry puree.
- In a medium-size, heavy-bottom saucepan, place the strawberries, sugar, salt, and water, and stir to combine. If your berries aren’t very sweet, use the extra 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- Place over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries are softened, and the liquid has reduced by about 1/4.
- Remove from the heat and puree the mixture using a stick blender, if you have one. Otherwise, allow the mixture to cool until no more than warm to the touch, and place the mixture into a blender and process until smooth.
- Pass the strawberry puree through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds, stirring and pressing firmly with a spatula to speed up the straining and avoid wasting any of the liquid.
- Transfer the mixture to a separate container to cool to room temperature. Alternatively, cover and store the strawberry puree in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Make the popsicle mixture.
- In a large spouted measuring cup or another container with a pouring spout, place equal amounts plain yogurt and strawberry puree, by volume. Whisk and mix until completely combined. Add honey to taste.
Make the popsicles.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds, leaving enough space for the mixture to expand when it freezes. Add popsicle sticks into the center and place on a flat surface and then into the freezer until solid.
- Unmold the pops and serve frozen.
- Once fully frozen, the unmolded pops can be piled into a freezer-safe lidded container and stored in the freezer until ready to serve one by one.
- The strawberry puree can be doubled or tripled and stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. If you don’t have a popsicle mold, you can improvise with ice cube trays or small cups (reusable or disposable).