Gluten Free Molasses Cookies | Soft and Chewy Drop Cookies
- 1 ½ cups (210 g) all purpose gluten free flour (I used Better Batter)
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum omit if your blend already contains it
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (56 g) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (84 g) unsulphured molasses
- 2 (100 g (weighed out of shell)) eggs at room temperature, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Line rimmed baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, salt, ground cloves, ground ginger, ground allspice, ground cinnamon and granulated sugar, and whisk to combine well.
- Add the butter, molasses, and eggs, mixing to combine after each addition. The dough will come together and be thick but soft.
- Divide the dough into 18 to 24 parts with a spoon or small ice cream scoop, depending on how large you’d like the cookies. They’ll spread at least 1-inch during baking.
- With moistened hands, roll each portion of dough into a ball, and place on the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. With wet fingers, flatten the balls of dough into disks about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the baking sheet in the center of the preheated oven and bake until golden brown around the edges, light brown on top and mostly firm on the top to the touch (about 10 minutes).
- Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet before serving. They will be fragile when warm, but will become firm once cool.