Mock Better Batter | All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Blend
- Digital kitchen scale
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, and whisk to combine well. The pectin should be used without the calcium packet. Store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to use.
- The recipe can be halved or used in multiples easily. Just be sure to whisk fully in a large enough container.
- Use of lower quality ingredients than those to which I have linked in this post (including the xanthan gum and pectin!) will result in a markedly lower quality product, one that does not behave at all like mine. Proceed at your own risk.
- Measure using a digital kitchen scale. There aren’t proper volume equivalents for some of the ingredients.
- The total cost per 140 gram cup of this D.I.Y. blend is, conservatively, $1.80. The estimate is conservative since it only accounts for shipping costs on the flours from Authentic Foods of $0.12 per cup. Shipping is typically much more expensive than that.