Avocado Chocolate Pudding Popsicles
- Small serving containers with lids or popsicle mold
- 6 ounces pitted cherries thawed if frozen
- 2 (200 g) medium-sized avocados pitted and peeled
- ½ cup (168 g) honey
- ½ cup (4 fluid ounces) total strong brewed decaf coffee with a splash (or more) of heavy cream, plus more if necessary to blend
- ¼ cup (20 g) unsweetened cocoa powder natural or Dutch-processed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ounces dark chocolate melted
- In a blender, place the cherries, avocados, honey, cream and coffee, cocoa powder, vanilla, and melted chocolate.
- Cover and blend for about 1 minute or until the mixture begins to move smoothly through the blender.
- Stop and scrape down the sides of the blender and add a bit more cream by the teaspoonful as necessary to keep the mixture moving.
- Blend on high speed until as smooth and uniform as possible. The mixture will be thick but soft.
To serve as popsicles.
- Divide the mixture evenly among 6 to 8 popsicle molds, depending upon size.
- Shake back and forth into an even layer, and place popsicle sticks in the appropriate places.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and into the freezer to freeze until firm, at least 6 hours.
- Unmold and serve immediately. Wrap leftover popsicles individually with freezer-safe wrap, and return to the freezer until ready to serve.
To serve as pudding.
- Alternatively, divide the mixture among 6 small containers with lids, cover, and refrigerate until chilled to your liking. It will thicken slightly when chilled but will be quite thick when just blended as well.